Location: 1717 North Harwood Dallas, Texas 75201
Official Opening Date: Fall 1983
Landscape architect Dan Kiley’s walled, modernist sculpture garden sit on the grounds of the Dallas Museum of Art, designed by Edward Larrabee Barnes and opened in 1984.
Four parallel cascading water walls—they had been turned off for winter—divide the open-air sculpture court into a sequence of outdoor rooms, which are reinforced by a geometric grid of oaks and other plantings.
With works by Barbara Hepworth and Aristide Mailol, the sculpture garden displays a rich variety of sculpture. Through the use of framed views and large glass windows, the outdoor rooms relate directly with the interior museums rooms, to be seen as a seamless extension of the museum.